Where to Stay in Nags Head
Looking for that perfect Nags Head vacation rental?
Boy… do we have the perfect house for you!!
If you’re planning a trip to the Outer Banks and are looking for somewhere to stay that’s both family AND budget friendly… then you absolutely have to check out The Saturday House.
Where is Nags Head?
Over 175 miles of coastal towns and beaches makes up the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Nags Head is pretty much smack dab in the middle of it all making it the perfect place to stay in the Outer Banks. Approximately 3 hours east of Raleigh, the Outer Banks is a true North Carolina treasure and one of the best beaches on the east coast!
We happen to think it’s one of the most beautiful places in North Carolina, but we’ll let you judge that yourself!
This post contains affiliate links which means I could earn a small commission, if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read my full Disclosure HERE.
The Saturday House Airbnb
The Saturday House is the cutest Airbnb located in Nags Head, NC. Seriously, the cutest. The Saturday house has three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, plus all the extra things that make a vacation rental feel like home.
What do you look for in a vacation rental?
Well…personally we look for a place that’s clean, something that fits in our budget, gives our family a little space to spread out, and somewhere convenient to the places we want to go. And guess what?!? The Saturday House checks ALL of those boxes.
The Saturday House hosts have really put a lot of thought into what guests may need during their stay. During our recent visit, the home was sparkling clean and had all the comforts of home. Adam and Whitney are Airbnb superhosts, so you can rest easy they will take good care of you!
Want to see a full tour of The Saturday House? Visit my Instagram profile and click the “OBX” highlight bubble.
While this rental in Nags Head is not oceanfront, you are only a short walk to the beach. There are two different beach accesses about 3 blocks away: Blackman Street and Bonnet Street. You can also walk to several restaurants, ice cream, Dowdy Park, mini putt putt, the YMCA, and more! The kitchen is full stocked plus there’s an outdoor grill available for you to use as well!
Included with each stay at this Nags Head vacation rental:
- clean linens, towels, and beach towels too!
- a started kit with toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, laundry detergent, trash bags, and hand soap
- WIFI (and it was good wifi too!)
- cable, or you can login to your own Youtube TV or Netflix- there are televisions in each bedroom and one in the living room.
- a Keurig…which is very important to this mama!
- wine glasses…also very important. LOL.
- washer and dryer
- high chair and even a potty training seat
And you’ll never believe all the extras that come with the house!! I mean I have to say from personal experience that not all Outer Banks vacation rentals include all these extras. Here are just a few things that blew my mind were INCLUDED for guests to use:
- beach chairs
- boogie boards, surf boards, and a skim board too!
- a beach wagon to carry all your beach things (and little people too)
- bicycles- this is seriously amazing!! They even included bike locks!
- beach toys
- Under the house had a rope for climbing, swing, a ping pong table, rings, and our family favorite – the ring game!
- Inside the home there were beach themed children’s books, adult books, and even an office area.
- Fenced yard
- Raised garden beds (that you can pick from if your visit coincides with something in season!!)
- Oh and The Saturday House is pet friendly too!! ($150 non refundable pet fee)
I literally could sit on the outdoor deck in the mornings drinking my coffee and imagine myself living in this house. I seriously didn’t want to leave!
Bonus! The entire home is beautifully decorated. We loved the aesthetic and think it’s very Instagram worthy!
Interested in staying at The Saturday House? Check them out on Instagram!
The Best Things to Do in Nags Head
There are a ton of fun things to do all over the Outer Banks, but here are our suggestions if you’re looking to stay nearby The Saturday House:
- Jockey’s Ridge State Park
- Wright Brother’s Memorial
- Bodie Island Lighthouse
- Jeanette’s Pier
- The Beach! Soak up the sun, search for seashells, watch the dolphins, build sandcastles, surf, boogie board, and more!
- Dowdy Park– y’all you can WALK to this amazing park!! Basketball goals for bigger kids, picnic tables, and playground for the littles (plus it’s handicapped accessible too)! And there is even a farmer’s market during the summer. Pretty cool I must say!
- Play mini putt putt! One of our family favorite activities in the Outer Banks.
Where to Eat in Nags Head
You’ll want to avoid the touristy traps, but there are a ton of great places to eat in Nags Head. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sugar Creek Seafood Restaurant– locally owned and the best seafood around
- The Spot: Ice cream, coffee, acai bowls (BONUS- you can walk here!!)
- Grits Grill– great for breakfast
- Sam and Omie’s– been around for ages…great breakfast spot
- Outer Banks Brewing Station (Technically in Kill Devil Hills…but it’s still nearby!) great food and super family friendly!
- Trio Restaurant & Market (Again technically in Kitty Hawk, but just a few minutes down the road!) perfect for a little date night
A huge thank you to Adam and Whitney from The Saturday House for hosting our stay. As always, all opinions are our own.
So, what do y’all think? Would you consider this Nags Head vacation rental for your next trip to the Outer Banks? Let me know what you think in the comments below!