Why You Need Self Loving Affirmations in Your Life
So, what’s the deal with affirmations for self love? Well, if you’ve ever struggled with low self esteem, negative self talk, anxiety, or just unhappiness with your life, then affirmations for self love can help!
I have to admit I resisted the concept of affirmations for a really long time. They honestly seemed a little silly and woo woo and I just didn’t know how positive affirmations of self love could make a difference.
I was wrong.
What is self love and self care?
According to the Brain & Behavior Foundation, self love is “the state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth.” Self-love means prioritizing one’s own well-being, happiness and needs.
Self care is the practice of self love. And self care is NOT selfish. It is taking care of yourself so that you can be at your best! Some ways you can practice self love:
- with daily affirmations of self love
- through positive self talk
- by setting realistic boundaries
- by learning to say No
- by celebrating your wins- both big and small
- by forgiving ourselves
- by implementing a gratitude practice
- by maintaining a growth mindset
- by viewing failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
Want more tips on self care? Learn how to create your own daily self care routine!
What are affirmations?
Words have power.
Affirmations are simply words or statements aimed at positively influencing your thoughts. Research has proven that a majority of the thoughts we have each day are negative. Affirmations are a technique that you can use to literally train your brain to be more positive.
You can use affirmations in several different ways:
- Repeat affirmations for self esteem out loud several times throughout the day.
- Write your self acceptance affirmations down in your journal each day.
- Read self loving affirmations to yourself each day. (Save the images below – or create your own- and use them as your wallpaper on your phone- then every time you open your phone, you’ll read them!)
- Listen to affirmations of self love in a podcast or through an app each day.
If you notice, no matter how you choose to do your affirmations for self love, the key is consistency. You will have greater success if you create a habit of using these affirmations of self worth regularly. Once in awhile just won’t cut it.
Some guru’s will tell you to recite out loud in a mirror up to ten affirmations each day. Personally, I like to do between three and five each day. Do what works for YOU!
Pro Tip: Another absolute essential when doing affirmations is to make sure you are using affirmations that align with your core values. Repeating an affirmation for self esteem such as “I am outgoing” when you are an extreme introvert does not make sense.
SAVE THESE AFFIRMATIONS FOR SELF LOVE TO PINTEREST, ON YOUR VISION BOARD, OR AS YOUR PHONE WALLPAPER AS A REMINDER!
Affirmations for Self Love & Self Worth
The most simple yet powerful affirmation of self love is: I love myself.
- I matter.
- I can do hard things.
- I choose to focus on the good in my life.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I choose a positive attitude.
- I choose to act with compassion.
- I do not give up.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I refuse to be discouraged.
- I choose to look at the bright side.
- I honor my values.
- I make healthy choices.
- I can choose my own path.
- I choose to believe others are doing their best.
- I honor the boundaries I have set for myself.
- I speak up for things I believe in.
- I prioritize how I feel over how I look.
- I believe in me.
- I do not limit myself.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
Is one of your goals to travel more? Try using these powerful travel affirmations!
SAVE THESE AFFIRMATIONS OF SELF LOVE WHEN YOU NEED A LITTLE PICK ME UP!
Self Loving Affirmations
- I can create new habits and accomplish my goals.
- I prioritize my mental and physical health.
- I do not play small.
- I radiate positivity.
- I embrace my quirks and unique qualities.
- I have valid feelings and emotions.
- I have grit.
- It is safe for me to ask for help.
- I make good decisions.
- I have unique and special ideas to share with the world.
- I am worthy of all the abundance and love.
- Each day is an opportunity to become a better version of myself.
- I give myself permission to heal.
- I am willing to look at things from different perspectives.
- I am capable of facing challenges.
- I am generous and empathetic.
- I am always improving.
- I follow my heart.
- I understand difficult times are part of life and know they are temporary.
- I invest my time and energy intentionally.
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
I Am Affirmations for Self Love
- I am enough.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I am brave.
- I am fun.
- I am compassionate.
- I am kind.
- I am trustworthy.
- I am unique.
- I am inspired.
- I am intelligent.
- I am unique and celebrate my differences.
- I am positive.
- I am focused.
- I am intentional with my words and my actions.
- I am determined.
- I am confident.
- I am joyful.
- I am strong.
- I am courageous.
- I am a work in progress.
SAVE THESE AFFIRMATIONS FOR SELF-LOVE FOR WHEN YOU NEED A MENTAL BOOST!
Affirmations of Self Love
- I am safe and in control.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I look for the lessons in my failures
- I am my authentic self.
- I am not defined by one bad day.
- I choose to surround myself with good energy.
- I am worthy of a beautiful life.
- I am in charge of my own happiness.
- I am capable of achieving my dreams.
- I radiate light and positivity.
- I am full of life.
- I fearlessly follow my dreams.
- I strive for progress over perfection.
- I choose how to respond and react.
- Anxiety and fear do not have power over me.
- I listen to my body.
- I am thriving.
- I embrace the unknown.
- I choose creativity and inspiration.
- I am at peace with who I am.
Daily affirmations of self love are a great way to foster a more grateful heart too!
Affirmations of Self Worth
- I let go of self doubt.
- I mindfully choose my activities.
- I love my body and it’s abilities.
- I give myself grace.
- I am worthy of great relationships.
- I do not let other’s opinions of me matter.
- I am calm and at peace.
- I am unstoppable.
- I recognize the power of my mind.
- I let go of fear and worry.
- I focus on solutions rather than problems.
- I am proud of my accomplishments and the obstacles I have overcome.
- I embrace change even when it feels hard.
- I focus on hope and abundance.
- Today I will nourish my body and soul.
- I find joy in the little things.
- I am the architect of my life.
- My potential is limitless.
- I can make a difference in the world.
- I accept myself exactly as I am today.
Positive affirmations for self love alongside a gratitude mindset is a recipe for a better, happier you!! Join me in making gratitude part of your every day lifestyle! Get started with my 30 day gratitude challenge or start simple by making a list of simple pleasures in life!
Self Love Affirmations
Affirmations are extremely powerful when used correctly. They can increase our self esteem, self worth, self confidence, and self compassion. When we have a better sense of self, Positive Psychology research has show that we:
- are more optimistic
- more motivated
- more willing to learn
- more curious
- more conscientious
- are in a better mood
- and generally happier!
And who doesn’t want those things??
Our words matter.
If you’re looking to transform your life or make changes in a specific area of your life, try using these self love affirmations. They are such a quick and easy tool that you can implement right now!
Stop living life on autopilot and start living intentionally!